BACKGROUND CHECKS En español
We’re excited that you want to volunteer at our school! In order to participate in activities with unsupervised access to students (like field trips), you will be required to complete the following steps. Once you have completed this process, you will not have to repeat it as long as you remain an active volunteer at Oquirrh Elementary. This process is free of charge to you.
1. Come to Oquirrh Elementary’s main office between 8:30 and 3:45, Monday - Friday to pick up two forms: - The Code of Conduct Signature Form - The Fingerprint Authorization Form
2. Watch the online video for the Code of Conduct training. This training can be found HERE.
3. Fill out both forms with your information. Turn in both completed forms to Oquirrh Elementary’s main office between 8:30 and 3:45, Monday - Friday.
4. Our principal will review both of your forms and complete any needed reference phone calls as soon as possible. She will keep the Code of Conduct Signature Form.
A. She will sign the Fingerprint Authorization Form and give it to your child’s teacher.
B. Your child’s teacher will get the signed Fingerprint Authorization Form to you.
5. Schedule an appointment to complete a fingerprint/background check (at no cost) with the Jordan School District Human Resource office by visiting the following LINK
6. Take the signed Fingerprint Authorization Form and a picture ID with you to your scheduled appointment at the Jordan School District Human Resources Office located at 7387 S. Campus View Drive in West Jordan. When you enter the building, they are the first door on the right. - The Human Resources Office must have the Fingerprint Authorization Form signed by the principal in order to take your fingerprints.
**If you’re planning to participate in a field trip, steps 1-6 must be completed at least two weeks before the field trip date. If they’re not, you won’t be able to participate in the field trip.**
7. Once your background check has been processed and cleared, the Human Resources Office will contact the school secretary. She will contact the teacher, who will then inform you that you’re able to participate in field trips or other activities with unsupervised access to students.
8. If your background check does not clear, the Human Resources Office will contact both you and our principal through a mailed letter to inform you of your volunteer status.
Thank you again for being willing to volunteer with our teachers and students! We look forward to receiving your help at school. Please call us with your questions at 801-565-7474.