Skip to content


Welcome to Oquirrh Elementary School, Home of the Mountain Men

Our main office will be open for new student registration for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year at the times listed in the community calendar.

For new student registration you will need:
1. The child's original birth certificate
2. The child's immunization records
3. Three (3) proofs of residency (1 from Column A and 2 from Column B). Please refer to this document for examples of what is needed.

Are you planning to enroll a child in a Jordan District school?
Here are a few things you should know.

  • Children must be five years old on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten.
  • You will need a birth certificate for any child who is entering kindergarten.
  • You will need a birth certificate for any student registering from out of state.
  • You will need to show proof that your child has been immunized against communicable diseases including measles, mumps, polio, etc. Visit the Immunization Requirements page for more info.
  • If your child is under age 7 and registering for the first time in Jordan District, you will need proof of vision screening for Amblyopia. This screening can be done by a licensed physician or health care professional or at a pre-school vision clinic conducted by Jordan School District nurses.
  • Your child's legal name (the name that appears on the birth certificate) will be used on all official school records.
  • If your child will not be living with you or a legal guardian, you will need a special enrollment permit from the Jordan District Department of Planning and Student Services. Call 801-567-8250 for information.
  • Your new Jordan District school will send for your child's student records. Since this may take a little time, it is a good idea to register early if possible.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How old must a child be in order to enroll in public school?

  • Children seeking to enter public school in Utah must be at least five years of age before September 2nd of the year in which admission is sought.
  • Children between the age of six and eighteen years of age are required to attend a public or regularly established private school during the school year.
  • A birth certificate issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics is required of all children at the time of their entrance into kindergarten and when entering a Utah public school for the first time.

What items are necessary to register a student who has moved with their custodial parent or legal guardian into Jordan School District?
Students moving with a custodial guardian or legal guardian need a withdrawal from their previous school of attendance, certified birth certificate (if entering kindergarten or a school in Utah for the first time), immunization records, and copies of any academic records that could assist in placing the student in appropriate classes. The previous school will send official school records to the new school once the student has officially enrolled.

Where may additional questions dealing with student boundaries and registration procedures be answered?
Please refer to the Department of Planning & Student Services web page or call 801-567-8183 OR 801-567-8259 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST).

For additional information:
Contact Oquirrh Elementary's office (801-565-7474) or find other helpful information including immunization requirements at this link: Jordan District Registration Information