Battle of the Books 2023-24 Book List
- Alvin Ho: Allergic to Girls, School, & Other Things by Lenore Look
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein
- Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz ryan
- Front Desk by Kelly Yang
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
- Lion of Mars by Jennifer L. Holm
- Love, Ruby Lavender by Deborah Wiles
- Maya and the Robot by Eve L. Ewing
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
- Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer by Kelly Jones
- Your Place in the Universe by Jason Chin
Battle of the Books (BOB) is a fun reading program that encourages teamwork and reading a wide range of genres and authors. 4th-6th grade students read the assigned books, form teams in the early spring, and become experts on the details of the books.
Students can read or listen to the books. There are multiple copies of the battle books available for checkout from the BOB cart (at school), the school library, the Salt Lake County Library or through the SORA app (all students have access to the SORA app where they can download the BOB titles as ebooks and audiobooks). Once you complete a battle book and pass the 10 question comprehension quiz (must get at least 7 questions correct), you will receive a book button (or other token) during your class library time. You can read books, pass quizzes, and earn buttons/tokens anytime between now and May. If you read all 12 books on the list and pass their comprehension quizzes, you’ll receive a free book!
Oquirrh's Battle of the Books takes place in late spring--dates to be determined. The championship battle and students vs. teachers battle will be held as an assembly for 3rd-6th graders in late spring.
New books for next school year's Battle of the Books will be announced in May.