We’ve had a great first week of school and have enjoyed having your students back with us.
- Kindergarten will begin regular classes on Wednesday, August 28th. Please remember that the line-up music begins playing at 8:12, and teachers will walk their students into the building at 8:15 to start the school day at the first bell.
- Please remember to complete your student’s yearly online registration forms on Skyward Family Access. This is the way you give permission for your student to use the internet at school. Please log-in and review your family information, including addresses, phone numbers, and emergency contacts. Online registration is only open through August 30th. If you need a computer to complete this process, please visit our office, and we will help you.
- Please remember to deposit money into your student’s lunch account so they will have money to buy meals starting on the first day of school. This can be done with a credit card through Skyward Family Access or you can bring a cash deposit into our main office. We encourage all of our families to apply for free and reduced price meals so we can continue receiving Title 1 funding. Applications can be found on Skyward Family Access or in our main office.
- Our main office is open for new student registration for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year. For new student registration you will need:
1. The child's original birth certificate
2. The child's immunization records
3. Three (3) proofs of residency (1 from Column A and 2 from Column B). Please refer to this document for examples of what is needed.
Please view this short video for information about our new wellness center.
PTA is looking for volunteers to help with events throughout the year. 2019-20 PTA Memberships are available for $5 in the school office or--new this year-- they are set up to take electronic membership payments. This is a great way to help support our school to help fund field trips and extra curricular activities for our students. This year’s memberships will come with a gift certificate to the Scholastic book fair!
- We are so excited to have our room for Preschool ready at Oquirrh Elementary! We have finished moving from the portable to our new room inside the school. This Preschool is Free! If you would like to sign up for next year, we are now accepting applications. Applications can be picked up in the office. Come enjoy a fun year at Mom & Me Preschool with us!
*We have fun learning about science, art, letter sounds, numbers, social skills, and more!
*Classes are held two days a week (M/W) or (T/TH) from 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
*Children must be accompanied by an adult (male or female).
*Children must be 4 years old when school begins.
*Questions? Contact Keri Corfield at 801-565-7474 or email.
We’ve enjoyed seeing many of you during our home visits this month and at our back-to-school event and look forward to starting a great year together. Thank you for your continued support. Please let us know what questions you may have by calling our office at 801-565-7474.
-Shauna Worthington, Principal
2019-20 PTA Memberships are available for $5 in the school office. This is a great way to help support our school to help fund field trips and extra curricular activities for our students.