Hello Oquirrh Families,
To assist parents and students with at-home, digital learning, Jordan School District has established a Student and Parent Technical Support Hotline number (801) 567-8999.
The hotline is available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday (except April 9 and 10) for anyone in need of technical support for Google Classroom, Canvas, Chromebook, internet, etc.
Grab-and-go breakfast and lunch will be served as scheduled (11-noon) at elementary schools only. Student meals will NOT be available at secondary schools but students of all ages can access grab-and-go meals at elementary schools.
Breakfast and lunch will not be available at any schools, including year-round schools, during Spring Break (April 6-10).
Here are the current updates:
- Breakfast will be served Monday-Friday from 8:00-9:00.
- Lunch will be served Monday-Friday from 11:00-12:00.
- Click here for the updated menu for the next few weeks.
- Meals will be served for all children 18 and younger.
- Each student must be present in order to receive a meal.
- As of today, our school has been approved to provide meals at no cost. So, you won’t need to know your student’s lunch number, and your student’s account will not be charged.
- We will offer a drive-through service for meal pickups. We will hand the meals directly to you through your car window at the curb by the kindergarten playground. Please form a line of cars that goes down New World Drive. See the map here.
- West Jordan City crossing guards will be working during the meal pick up times, so you can walk over to the school.
- We will not be taking any cash or check payments toward student accounts during this school dismissal period. If you would like to deposit money into your student’s account during this time, you may continue to use the eFunds online payment system through Skyward Family Access.
Instruction will continue online for students beginning Wednesday, March 18th and continue through Friday, May 1st!. Teachers will contact you through email to share instructions about resources that will be available for your child. Teachers will use Canvas or Google Classroom, and your child will continue to have access to other online learning programs like Lexia.
Please contact your child's teacher directly through email with any questions you may have about the materials you received for distance learning.
All other classes, activities, practices, and meetings are
currently postponed until further notice.
Thank you for your continued support and the hard work you’re doing at home to care for your children. We love them and look forward to the time when we can all be together again, learning inside of our school. Please watch your email and our school website as more information continues to develop during the coming days and weeks.
Jordan School District’s Health and Wellness specialist, McKinley Withers, has posted tips for wellness during the COVID-19 dismissal at wellness.jordandistrict.org. You can also listen to Superintendent Anthony Godfrey interview Dr. Withers about maintaining health and wellness during the dismissal at supercast.jordandistrict.org.
If you have a question, we have three ways to help you:
1. Submit your question at this link, and we will send you an answer through email.
2. Email your child’s teacher directly. Teacher emails can be found on our website.
3. Or you can call our office at 801-565-7474 from 7:45-3:30, Monday-Friday
We also have some helpful emotional support materials to share with you from our partner, Move This World. Your children are used to participating in their videos each day, so here are a few of the breathing exercise videos for you to use at home. We're also sharing reminders about the emotion management strategies your students have learned, called emogers.
Skyward Family Access: You can update family information, add emergency contacts, pay lunch money, and check students’ attendance and grades. Please see English instructions here and Spanish instructions here.
If you need computer access or assistance using Skyward Family Access, please visit our front office. We have a computer set up just for this purpose. Our secretaries can also send you an account reset link if you’ve forgotten your username and password. Just give us a call at 801-565-7474, and we’ll be happy to help.
PTA is looking for volunteers to help with events throughout the year. 2019-20 PTA Memberships are available for $5 in the school office or--new this year-- they are set up to take electronic membership payments. This is a great way to help support our school to help fund field trips and extra curricular activities for our students. This year’s memberships will come with a gift certificate to the Scholastic book fair!
Oquirrh has added a fully-staffed Wellness Center this year to allow our students a place to go to regroup and recharge when they need a short 10-minute break in their school day. We understand that learning can be hard work and sometimes the social/emotional aspect of a child's day can be overwhelming to them. A trip to the Wellness Center can provide some needed support and is a safe place for students to reset and be better able to resume their job as students and friends in our school community.
Thank you for your great support.
-Shauna Worthington, Principal
2019-20 PTA Memberships are available for $5 in the school office. This is a great way to help support our school to help fund field trips and extra curricular activities for our students.