Información acerca de Medicaid o CHIP (La parte abajo de la pagina)
Little Known Facts About MEDICAID & CHIP
(Children’s Health Insurance Program)
1. Jordan School District can assist you in applying for Medicaid or CHIP.
2. In most cases, children with disabilities qualify for Medicaid or a Medicaid Waiver.
3. If your child has DSPD services you may qualify for Disability Medicaid.
4. If you are caring for grandchildren, they may be eligible for Medicaid or CHIP.
5. An adult who is caring for a child, but is not the parent may qualify for Medicaid or CHIP.
6. There are no asset limits with CHIP.
7. If you have health insurance and pay too much for it, you may qualify for Medicaid or CHIP.
8. Emergency Medicaid is available in some circumstances despite citizenship status.
9. To qualify for Medicaid at the age of 18, parent’s income and assets are not counted.
10. Even if you have health insurance, SSI or your child has a trust you may qualify for Medicaid.
11. In most cases, children with disabilities can continue Medicaid benefits into adulthood.
12. Medicaid means Insurance not Welfare.
If your children are eligible for free or reduced price meals, they may also get free or low-cost health insurance through Medicaid or CHIP. For assistance, please contact Health Services at 801-567-8515 or visit their site: healthservices.jordandistrict.org